Projekty Emmy

Emma jako Bella
Opis: Bella gotowa jest zamieszkać w zamku potwora, aby ratować ojca. Z czasem między dziewczyną a bestią zaczyna rodzić się uczucie.
Status: zakończony
Premiera: 17. marca 2017

Emma jako Mae Holland
Opis: Mae Holland otrzymuje pracę w potężnej firmie informatycznej Krąg, gdzie poznaje tajemniczego mężczyznę.
Status: zakończony
Premiera: 19. maja 2017

Emma jako Kelsea Glynn & producentka filmu
Opis: Akcja rozgrywa się 300 lat po tym, jak katastrofa ekologiczna zniszczyła Ziemię. Władzę nad światem sprawuje zła Czerwona Królowa.
Status: pre-produkcja
Premiera: ????

Klub Emmy

Klub Emmy
(Kliknij w obrazek, aby przejść do klubu.)

Our Shared Shelf

W styczniu Emma założyła książkowy klub feministów - Our Shared Shelf (Nasza wspólna półka). Co 2 miesiące aktorka ogłasza jaką książkę będą czytać ona i członkowie klubu. Po przeczytaniu wszyscy uczestnicy dyskutują na temat książki. Książka na lipiec/sierpień to The Beauty Myth autorstwa Naomi Wolf.

czwartek, 6 kwietnia 2017

2049. Wywiad Emmy z Evą Ensler!



Emma przeprowadziła wywiad z autorką książki The Vagina Monologues, Evą Ensler.
Obszerny wywiad (po angielsku) przeczytacie poniżej:


PART 1. 'A wild vagina journey.'

In this first part, Emma and Eve talk about the difficulties of bringing The Vagina Monologues to publication and the activism it helped create.

Emma Watson: Hello lovely Eve, how are you?

Eve Ensler: You know, this is One Billion Rising season, so it's been crazy.

Emma Watson: Ok, so I've written out my questions for you because I'm nerdy like that.

Eve Ensler: I do love your book club, I think it's amazing.

Emma Watson: It's my favourite project, I just love it, it's so cool. Here's where I'll start: I went on holiday last week and I read Insecure At Last, which I hadn't read before, which I just loved. Hats off to you, it's so brave to make your personal political. Last year I also read In the Body Of The World, and then we've obviously been doing The Vagina Monologues. Do you have a favourite of your pieces of work?

Eve Ensler: No. They're all so different, and it depends – people always used to ask me about The Vagina Monologues, "what's your favourite monologue?" and it's such a cruel question, like choosing one woman over another woman. I think sometimes you have days when you're more drawn towards one book or one monologue than you are to others.

Emma Watson: Absolutely - it's speaking to you at a different time. The book had a bumpy road to publication, with one publisher deciding they didn't want to publish it after all. Can you tell me what that experience was like?

Eve Ensler: Oh yeah, it was wild. First of all, no one wanted to touch it. Then we finally we got a publisher that was very gung-ho and I was really excited. But as we were getting closer to publication, they got cold feet. The publisher called me up and he said: "We really want you to change the title." And I knew they didn't want to publish the book. I remember going into this room and looking at this guy and saying: "This is a crossroads, and your decision not to publish this is about your character, your integrity. YOU HAVE TO LIVE WITH THAT, NOT ME." So luckily, I went and sold the book somewhere else. It was incredible to have a publisher pull out the rug from underneath you at the moment of publication. It was pretty horrific.

Emma Watson: That's the kind of the critical moment when you really want and need someone to believe in you and back you. How did you just believe in yourself, and the book, so much?

Eve Ensler: It was all about the women. The Vagina Monologues is a fictional piece, but it's based on real interviews with women. I was carrying their stories; I was carrying their hearts and very real experiences. So it wasn't about me.

Emma Watson: One hundred percent! Was it difficult to go on to write other plays and books when you were still involved in the phenomenon that The Vagina Monologues became?

Eve Ensler: In some ways it consumed my life. A really wise producer said to me: "This is your blessing and your curse. Because you're going to compare every play you write after this to it, and it will be disappointing." But honestly, I feel that to have had such a phenomenon in my life, which brought me and connected me to women all around the world, allowed us to be build and be part of these unbelievable movements - 'V Day' and 'One Billion Rising'. My gratitude is so immense for this wild vagina journey.

Emma Watson: Awesome. 'V Day' has achieved so much, and done so many different things, is there but what would you say you are most proud of, that has come out of 'V Day?'

Eve Ensler: Well, where I've been going recently, there are young women who I call 'Vagina Insurgents'. Women who have done The Vagina Monologues (cut) who are just showing up everywhere, right?

Emma Watson: Yeah!

Eve Ensler: I was doing an interview recently with a woman journalist who had been in The Vagina Monologues. I was at a school and a woman who was a teacher, had been in The Vagina Monologues. They are everywhere. It is so moving to see twenty years later, so many women coming up to me saying that The Vagina Monologues was the moment in their lives when they came into their activism, when they found their voice. And to think there's a world of 'Vagina Insurgents' out there who are now activists, social workers, teachers, lawyers, running for political office-- that is thrilling.

I think the other thing I am most proud of is that at the very beginning, we made a decision that every production would have a woman of colour in the cast. It was actually in my contract and the producer David Stone totally supported this idea. Then Lisa Gay Hamilton and Rosie Perez did an all women of colour production in Harlem and I think the combination really allowed women of colour to not only be front and centre in performing the piece, but directing, producing and bringing it to their communities. Ten years ago I spent time with transgender women interviewing them and writing a new piece based on those interviews which is now part of the show. They did the first all Transwomen production of The Vagina Monologues and it was very powerful and at the time, ground breaking.

I feel proud of the diversity. I feel proud of every woman who's put the play on for the first time in their community and taken a huge risk.

Emma Watson: I love that idea of having an activist spine and the strengthening of it, that's brilliant. Do you think that the word vagina is still hard for people to say in 2017? Over the years, have you noticed moments in time when you feel like people are getting more comfortable saying it, and then we pull back again, and we move forward?

Eve Ensler: Well, when I started The Vagina Monologues, no one could say the word vagina. They did a ten-minute CNN piece on the play and they never mentioned the word.

Emma Watson: Hang on - it was essentially considered a swear word?

Eve Ensler: Yes, you could say penis on television but you couldn't say vagina.

Emma Watson: Wow.

Eve Ensler: To see how much it's become part of the discourse now is pretty incredible. You can't turn on anything without somebody talking about vaginas. We have definitely made strides forward, but it seems to me it's always one step forward two steps back, because patriarchy is the most persistent, stubborn virus. We are still searching for political and spiritual antibodies to fight this massive infection. Then perhaps we will be able to wipe it out for good.

PART 2. "There's a profound emergency in America."

Emma Watson: Are things changing with regards to the patriarchy?

Eve Ensler: I think what is sad is that the men in power still don't understand that the liberation of women is their liberation as well, because they're still hungering for domination. I think that desire for domination, that predatory mind-set, is destroying our world in every respect. Whether it's immigrants who are being denied entry after the U.S. bombed their countries, whether it's the greed of extraction of oil which devastates the earth, whether it's women's bodies endlessly raped and abused and denied reproductive rights - there's such a predatory mind-set at present. I think the younger generation were born with so many of the Rights that my generation didn't have, so they naturally took them for granted. Now when those rights are under siege, suddenly people are waking up and realizing, " We have to resist. We have to fight."

I think we're in a profound emergency in America. I think we had to hit rock bottom, so that we could address all the things that haven't ever been dealt with. We have to finally deal with the fact that this is a country built on genocide of the Indigenous people, this is a country built on slavery. This is a country rooted in misogyny. This is a country that does not respect, honor cherish and pay working people, (especially women) what they deserve. This is a country that has been committing imperialist wars for years on people around the world, killing them, raping them, destroying them economically and literally. It's a comeuppance - we're in a time of our karma coming to roost.

This moment is a huge opportunity to deal with our history and to say - "We are going to reckon with our past, make restitutions, be guided and transformed by our mistakes, reset our course. It's going to require protest, protection, planning and prophecy. Smack in the middle of the word emergency is the word emerge.

Emma Watson: So, lots of members of my book club sent in questions for you.... Anne would like to know: "What is it about the female reproductive organs that causes such debate?". I know it's a broad question, but in a nutshell, what do you think it is about the female reproductive organs that are causing all of this commotion?

Eve Ensler: I think women have never had the rights to their own bodies or desires. They have been objectified and abused by the state, the Church, family structures. We are slowly coming into freedom and choice. Choice over whether we have babies or don't, choice over sexuality and sex, choice over what jobs we will and wont do, choice over how we are respected and treated on those jobs. Choice to have our desire.

Emma Watson: Was there a hardest monologue for you to put together, and why was that one more difficult than the others?

Eve Ensler: I think that the Bosnia piece was the hardest piece to write. I had just come from the Bosnian War and I had been in Bosnia and Croatia for a period of time where I had been in refugee camps interviewing women who had been horribly raped in the war. That was my first time I had been in a war zone and the first time with women who were on the front lines, having been in rape camps. It was devastating. It was utterly devastating.

I think every time I performed that piece I would break down because I would remember those women, their faces and their stories. I went back to Bosnia years later to a town where one of the horrible massacres had occurred and the women in that town were performing 'My Vagina Was My Village' in a production there and it was a profoundly cathartic moment. Everyone weeping, actually wailing.

That piece still disturbs me and sadly it's still going on. How many women live in countries where rape is used as a systematic tactic of war? How many women have lost their minds and had their vaginas and bodies eviscerated during conflicts? It still continues and escalates in this neo-liberal global capitalist system where women's bodies become the landscape on which global wars for resources are fought.

Emma Watson: Neo-liberal capitalist is very true. Here's a question I like - and I'm interested in what you think about it - what do you think about the way boys are raised in our culture specifically?

Eve Ensler: I think being raised a boy in a patriarchy is almost more torturous than being raised a girl, because at least we are allowed to keep our hearts. We are allowed to feel, to cry, and we are allowed to connect. With boys, from the time you open your eyes, you are taught not to cry, feel, show weakness and not to ever let anyone know you have doubts, and so your heart is cut off. You are severed from it from such a young age. What has it done to our boys? It has turned them into soldiers and men capable of battery, rape. When boys are not allowed to feel their vulnerability or their tenderness, they become hard and uncompassionate. In 'Insecure At Last,' I said "Bullets are hardened tears.".

PART 3."What is this psychopath going to do to us next?'"

Emma Watson: I have another question, from Marzie, who said, "We seem to be moving in reverse at present in the U.S., with respect both to societal equality and women's reproductive choices.

The Vagina Monologues is more relevant than ever. What are your thoughts about art and culture and how they should try and help hold the ground for women's rights?"

Eve Ensler: That's a great question. I think art is everything. I think culture is where things change in us deeply. But right now, I think that people are very traumatised. They are very scared.

Having grown up in a house with a perpetrator who was violent every day and terrorising every day, I feel like that this country is suddenly very much like the house and the family I grew up in.

Every day we are glued to our phones, glued to our television; "What is this psychopath going to do next? How will he embarrass us? Who will he bully or hurt or humiliate today? It's so easy to get locked into a syndrome where the perpetrator is ruling your life.

That's where art comes in. This artistic uprising we had the other night in Washington Square park: there was poetry, there was dance, there was song, there was spoken word; and people left feeling so inspired and so energised. We have to get ourselves out of this syndrome of trauma and being re-traumatised. Art releases this energy. It exposes us to wonder again, and magic again, and ambiguity – all the things we need to really keep going and fighting and resisting in these times.

Emma Watson: Resisting and fighting a system – the burnout rate is high.

Eve Ensler: One of the reasons I love 'One Billion Rising' so much is when you look around the world, 200 countries, millions of people in all these little towns. 131 cities in Germany, 22 states in India, all over the U.K. and all over Poland are dancing! When you watch people dancing what you see is rage, joy, ecstasy, connection, being in your body, having your energy, connecting to your community, laughing and loving. It's everything. People need to dance.

I'd say dance at least twice a day. That's how to get your energy up and how you keep you revolutionary spirit going. It's Emma Goldman who said, "Any revolution where I can't dance is not my revolution." I think that's the revolution we want.

Emma Watson: I love that. I have another question for you from Shana who would like to know: "You describe in the monologues how some women felt uncomfortable talking about vaginas. Do you think women are more comfortable talking about vaginas now than when you interviewed women for The Vagina Monologues?

Do you think there will come a time when vaginas won't be taboo any more? Can you imagine the day will come when it's not, do you think it exists?"

Eve Ensler: I would have thought that after twenty years my play would be out-dated, and as sad as I would have been about that, I would have been actually delighted. But sadly it's not out-dated.

Emma Watson: Exactly. It's more relevant than ever.

Eve Ensler: There are eight hundred productions happening this month around the world. What I think is that more women are talking about their vaginas. More women look at themselves, more women know where their clitoris is, more women love their vaginas, more women have agency over their vaginas and can tell a partner: "This feels good" or "This doesn't feel good." I think when I was younger, I really believed things would change much easier and faster. What you realise at my age is that it's a long, long struggle.

There is a beautiful expression in Nicaragua: "struggle is the highest form of song". I love that. We are in the struggle. It's like a river. Once you step into it you become the river. It's not, you go out and click on a couple of charities that you believe in, march in the Women's March, and you're done. Struggle becomes your life, transforming a paradigm that is based on domination into a paradigm of co-operation. Fighting for the liberation of women, of people of color, of indigenous people, of lgbtq communities. Fighting to protect immigrants and assuring the safety of refugees. Using every power you have to reimagine neo liberal capitalism so that the majority of people on this earth are not starving or sold as objects or dying from diseases or without education.

Devoting your every waking moment to exploring how we can reverse climate change. Imagining a world where women are free and safe and have agency over their bodies and decisions and then doing the one thing you can do to make that happen. No success or fame or money will ever give you the satisfaction of being in the struggle.

Emma Watson: That's so good to hear. I think in what is a very highly saturated time, with self help culture, there's another big book that comes out on the shelves that promises "If you follow these steps then you'll be happy and satisfied," and that's the goal. If you're not achieving happiness and a deep sense of peace, then you are failing in some way. It's wonderful to actually hear that part of succeeding in life is being part of the struggle.

Eve Ensler: Success itself doesn't give you happiness. It's what you do with your success that gives you happiness. The illusion of capitalism is that if you get enough things, enough money, enough fame, enough power, if you can become a celebrity then you're going to be happy.

I think what you have got to ask yourself is, what is happiness? To me, happiness is being at the City of Joy in Bukavu and watching young women who have been horribly violated, arriving in pain and depression and after six months leaving healed, educated, energized, becoming leaders, and knowing I played a small part in that. That is the greatest happiness.

PART 4. "The next stage of the women's uprising is upon us."

Emma Watson: I have a question from another one of my Book Club members, Sierra, who says: "As an intersectional feminist, how do you balance retaking ownership and pride in vaginas whilst still being an ally for trans women? Not a critique, just something I've been wondering recently due to the backlash after some of the Women's March defined their womanhood by their vagina."

Eve Ensler: This is what I am going to say: it's not either/or.

I know many women, for example, transgender women, who were very happy in the march and see themselves as very connected to those Pussy hats.

I know other transgender women who feel like being vagina-focused is exclusionary. But what I would say this: there are three billion women in the world who have vaginas. One out of three of them are being raped or battered.

I think we have to talk about vaginas now.

We have a president who is a confessed sexual assaulter and has openly bragged that he grabs women's pussies without their consent. We have many people in the White House and the government who want to prevent and push back women's reproductive rights or cut programs that end violence against women– these things are connected to our vaginas.

That is not to say that I don't stand in total solidarity with transgender women and do all I can to support their rights and getting their voices, experiences and stories into the world. I am very proud to have been a producer on Her Story, a trangendered TV series, written and directed and performed by transwomen.

I was proud to help get the play Transcripts, a play written and performed by Transwomen produced in the U.S. As I said earlier it's not either/or. It's more about how do we have each other's backs in a deeper more inclusive, conscious way.

Emma Watson: What do you say to women that normalise comments like Trump's? To the people who say, "Oh come on, get real, all guys speak like this, this is locker room talk, let's be real, this is how the world is," and they don't see it as truly threatening?

Eve Ensler: Look, we are all under the hood of patriarchy. We are all contained in this bubble. Everybody is at a different stage of consciousness.

If you had talked to me forty years ago, when I made jokes about my father beating me, and I made fun of all the terrible sexual experiences I had; I didn't have the consciousness, nor did I have the self-esteem, nor did I have a community, nor did I have a political framework, nor did I have the literature, nor did I have anything – and I certainly didn't have a way to address the pain that was inside of me.

To say that what Donald Trump is doing is horrible, you have to own that what happened to you is horrible. That's a very painful and difficult thing to do if you don't have the support or the community, if you don't have your sisters around you. I think often women internalise this hatefulness of patriarchy and end up protecting because it's too terrible to confront the depth of our own rage, depth of our own sorrow and the depth of our own hurt. You join it rather than feeling it.

Emma Watson: One last question from the book club.

Mystique asks: "How was your book received in various countries? Do you find that, broadly speaking, some countries are more accepting while others are more resistant? Do you think this is indicative of the way those same countries seem to feel about women in your own experiences?"

Eve Ensler: I've never gone anywhere where they welcomed vaginas at first. It always begins with hysteria and resistance. I would say that sitting in the audience in Manila or sitting in the audience in Croatia, or sitting in the audience anywhere, they laugh at the same places, they cry at the same places. Every place resists that play at the beginning and after time, after brave women keep going and insisting their bodies and beings have the right to exist, the community changes and the cultural gate keepers relax and the play is accepted.

Emma Watson: That is really, truly, profound to me.

Eve Ensler: Me too.

Emma Watson: When I put my speech together and when I was coming to all these realisations myself, I realised that no country in the world, whatever they say about what's better here or it's worse here, or we are terrible in Afghanistan, or whatever else, is that no country has achieved gender equality. No country is even close. No one's done it. No one!

Eve Ensler: The one thing you can count on across the world is that patriarchy reigns at this point in time - and that women are seen as second class citizens who have little to no rights or agency over their bodies and lives.

It doesn't matter what country you're in, except for maybe Sweden, I think Sweden's pretty impressive. Iceland is getting there.

But its also true that in every single country there are brave women bringing in The Vagina Monologues and tons of people desperately seeking liberation. Why has the play been going on for twenty years? Because many of us know deep down that when women are free, when women of colour are free, that freedom will catalyse the energy capable of remaking the world. I believe something is happening now. I think women - particularly looking at the March, looking at the demonstrations, this new resistance being led by women - I think the next stage of the women's uprising is upon us.

Emma Watson: This is my last question but, firstly, I want to say thank you so much! These answers, of course, have been beautiful. So, the single most important act of resistance. If you could choose just one thing that women do right now that you genuinely believe to be the most revolutionary and powerful, the single, biggest act of resistance, what would it be? I want people to walk away with "if you can hold onto this."

Eve Ensler: Trust your experience. Trust what you know and act on it. Don't WAIT for permission.

Emma Watson: That's so cool. That was such a big thing when I was younger. I was always waiting for someone to tell me it was okay for me to do something. Trust your experience, act on them, and don't wait to anyone to give you permission.

Eve Ensler: No one's going to give you permission to oust them or resist them. AND No ones in charge but the people pretending to be. Listen to your body. Follow your instincts. Fight for our Mother Earth and each other. If your privileged, share your platforms and serve those without privilege more deeply. Listen better. Dance. Rage. Have your anger. Laugh a lot. Have wild ecstatic sex. Spend more time imagining. Bow down to trees. And don't be embarrassed to love. Bigger.



Źródło: watsonuncensored.blogspot.com

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz

Zachęcam do wyrażenia swojej opinii. :)

© Agata | WioskaSzablonówTechnologia blogger. metindemiralay malihu crazystylelove Google for flaticon